|In CHF million, except where indicated||2021||2020||Change|
|Fixed access and infrastructure||428||438||–2.3%|
|Expansion of the fibre-optic network||555||519||6.9%|
|Projects and others||272||260||4.6%|
|Other Operating Segments||41||44||–6.8%|
|Total capital expenditure||2,286||2,229||2.6%|
|Thereof other countries||652||633||3.0%|
|Capital expenditure as % of net revenue||20.4||20.1|
Capital expenditure climbed by CHF 57 million or 2.6% year-on-year to CHF 2,286 million, corresponding to 20.4% of net revenue (prior year: 20.1%). Swisscom Switzerland accounted for 72% of capital expenditure in 2021, and Fastweb for the remaining 28%.
Capital expenditure incurred by Swisscom Switzerland increased by CHF 43 million or 2.7% year-on-year to CHF 1,642 million, corresponding to 19.9% of net revenue (prior year: 19.4%). Swisscom invested CHF 53 million more than in the previous year in the expansion of fibre-optic broadband in the fixed network and in the expansion of the mobile network.
Fastweb increased its capital expenditure by CHF 20 million or 3.2% to CHF 649 million. Measured in local currency, capital expenditure increased by EUR 14 million or 2.4% to EUR 601 million as a result of higher customer-driven investments and higher investments in the mobile network infrastructure. The ratio of capital expenditure to net revenue consequently fell to 25.1% (prior year: 25.5%).